|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||FECHHEIMER BROTHERS CO.|
Fechheimer, a Berkshire Hathaway company and leading uniform manufacturer that outfits public service industries in the Flying Cross and Vertx brands, has an opening for a Production Planner at its office in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The Production Planner is responsible for planning and scheduling to support production, improve manufacturing performance, and optimize service and processes in the supply chain. This position has direct planning responsibilities for a substantial portion of the stock product offering and capacity planning duties for domestic and international factory sites. The Production Planner reports to the Planning Manager.
|Duties:||Responsibilities & Duties: |
• Develop, maintain, and monitor the production schedules for one or more of Fechheimer’s plants, as well as managing outside contractor relationships and schedules.
• Utilize the Microsoft AX planning systems for determining raw material needs, finished good needs, and identifying appropriate stocking levels to meet manufacturing’s needs.
• Establish and maintain production schedules to meet customer demand and communicate priorities to production.
• Communicate between operations, sales, customer service, product development, and suppliers to ensure that proper information is obtained and distributed to support accuracy and on-time delivery of customers’ orders.
• Manage day-to-day tasks with varying timelines and priorities to ensure inventory, inbound logistics, and plant communication/support goals are achieved.
• Identify potential capacity bottlenecks and communicate these within the organization; monitor and expedite orders with customers.
• Periodic domestic and international travel to vendors and factory sites.
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Math or related field of study preferred.
• 3+ years of relevant experience in business or industry.
• Microsoft AX familiarity or similar planning software systems.
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Strong analytical, planning, problem solving, and organizational abilities.
• Excellent communication, leadership, relationship building, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast paced environment and prioritize workload.
• Proven ability to think independently and handle multiple tasks through to completion.
• Demonstrated independent work initiative, sound judgment, and professional demeanor.
• Flexibility to occasionally work beyond established hours as the situation dictates.
• APICS certification preferred.
Fechheimer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact Human Resources at (513) 793-5400.